Actively Combat Threats
Our comprehensive managed service offering includes a state-of-the-art antivirus and intrusion protection system designed to protect your network and data so that your valuable information is kept secure. Antivirus and intrusion software is designed to detect malicious behavior and destroy viruses that can pose a threat to your network. Antivirus and intrusion protection are used to monitor the behavior of your network to detect and report any unauthorized intrusions, including malicious hackers seeking to damage your network and steal your data. Whether you’re dealing with a virus from an employee who fell for a phishing scam or a hacker who is trying to steal your data, you’ll be protected.
At Be Structured, we work exclusively with two very reputable partners in the industry, SonicWall and Webroot. We partner with SonicWall and Webroot to utilize tools that allow us to offer unmatched antivirus and intrusion protection services to our clients. Both of these partners are recognized experts in the area of security and protection, and we have the utmost trust in both to provide our clients with the security solutions they need.
- SonicWall – SonicWall’s advanced threat protection (ATP) service is a cloud-based multi-engine sandbox designed to discover and stop unknown threats and attacks at the door so that they don’t affect your network. Their solution includes antivirus and intrusion software and intrusion prevention technology designed to monitor incoming traffic and ensure that nothing poses a threat to your network. With firewalls, virtual firewalls, email security, wireless security, risk meters, and more, SonicWall protects your data from endpoint to endpoint. SonicWALL also provides robust deep packet inspection (DPI), including application filtering, intrusion prevention system (IPS), content filtering (CF), and gateway level anti-virus/anti-malware (AV/AM).
- Webroot – Webroot offers next-generation protection for your network. Their antivirus software has the key features needed to stop viruses and other threats to your network. Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence Services help to give our customers proactive protection against modern threats. Webroot has built one of the market’s most proven security platforms, ensuring that your pertinent data is kept safe from threats. Webroot offers DNS protection, endpoint protection, and antivirus and antimalware software.
One of the key points of both SonicWall and Webroot is that they provide multiple security measures under the same umbrella. This multi-vector security and protection means you don’t need to purchase a separate firewall, antivirus and intrusion program, and other security measures. It’s all in one package, so there are no compatibility issues. All of your security tools will work effortlessly together without creating any conflicts or leaving any vulnerabilities for hackers to exploit. These tools also seamlessly integrate with the other solutions Be Structured offers. This type of umbrella protection also makes it easier for you to view your security solutions and understand how each is protecting you. Multiple layers of security are the key and not just relying on one system to protect you. As a part of our MSSP services, we offer additional layers of protection for companies as well.
The Security Features You Must Have
Your company needs to be protected, which means using a number of common security features. However, through SonicWall and Webroot, there’s nothing basic or simple about the security solutions we implement for you. These solutions are state of the art and are constantly evolving to meet your needs and to provide protection against the newest viruses, malware, and hacking tools. Here are some of the security features you will have available to you through our antivirus solutions and intrusion protection:
- Firewalls – The next-generation firewall hardware features real-time deep memory inspection to block attacks as they occur. With antivirus and threat protection from both, you’re protected with multiple layers of security. Your data is also encrypted using highly secure encryption methods.
- Antivirus Protection – Of course, no security solution would be complete without some form of virus protection. These security solutions constantly scan for viruses, malware, ransomware, and other malicious programs. When found, they’re quickly dealt with, and you’re provided a report describing the situation.
- DNS Protection – The Domain Name System is what directs users to the correct location. Unfortunately, DNS was designed and implemented in an age where cyber-terrorism and attacks were unheard of. This has left websites vulnerable to things such as hijacking, cache poisoning, denial of service attacks, and more. DNS protection protects a website from these issues by routing traffic through a cloud-based security solution.
- WiFi Security – As more devices cut the cord and go wireless, more security vulnerabilities appear. WiFi security is a must today. Fortunately, the new 802.11ac and 802.11ax technology have made security easier while increasing the range and performance of WiFi.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) – Along with WiFi, many people are now using mobile devices. Some of these devices may be company-owned, but employees may bring others in. All it takes is for one employee smartphone with a virus to infect your entire system. Mobile device security controls access provides security and minimizes these threats. It also protects your servers and mobile devices when employees log in from other WiFi networks.
- Email Security – Every email server needs protection, and cloud-based security is the new standard. It protects against phishing and fraud attacks by using real-time threat intelligence to catch malicious emails as they come in. Employees won’t click on these phishing URLs because the email will be scanned and quarantined before it hits their inbox.
- Endpoint Protection – You want your data to be protected from the moment it leaves your server to the minute it reaches the destination device. Capture Client by SonicWall is designed to offer this multiple endpoint protection. It guards against malware and ransomware, encrypts data at both ends, provides monitoring and detailed reports of your system and any attacks.
- Risk Meters – Risk meters help you view your system’s current security status, analyze any vulnerabilities, and help you identify security risks. You can also create various what-if scenarios to determine how your security would fare in various attacks. These scenarios can highlight where you need to focus your efforts.
In addition to these tools, it’s also important that your employees have the training and knowledge needed to deal with any threat that does make it through your security. Webroot offers security awareness training to do just that. It teaches your team about cybersecurity, compliance, and best practices. They will learn how to recognize phishing and other scams, identify malware, and understand the process for reporting potential threats and attacks. This training can greatly reduce your risk of cyber-attack since the largest percentage of network breaches actually come from user error. By making this training a part of your onboarding process, you can give your employees the education needed to protect themselves and your company.
What is a Managed Services Security Provider (MSSP)?
A managed services security provider offers outsourced monitoring and management of your security systems. Services commonly include firewalls, intrusion detection, virtual private network, vulnerability scanning, and anti-viral services. MSSPs use security operation centers (either from their facility or a data center) to provide 24/7 services designed to reduce the number of security personnel needed for your company.
Companies with sensitive information that needs to be kept secure will typically choose to work with an MSSP. There are many benefits to using a managed services security provider:
You can focus on doing the work that only you can do. No one else knows your business like you do, and there are tasks that only you can handle. With an MSSP as your partner, you can let the experts focus on keeping your network secure while you focus on running and growing the business.
MSSP solutions are scalable. These services are cloud-based, which means adding or removing them is simple. If your company expands, your security services can likewise expand to meet those needs. When you need to pull back a bit, that’s also an option. Because everything is done as licenses through the cloud, there are no copies of software going unused or hardware to store.
You have a team of experts on your side. A MSSP has an experienced team with years of experience in computer and network security. Even if you were to hire several IT professionals to work on your security, you wouldn’t be able to get the range of experience a MSSP has. Everyone working on your security solutions is trained in this area and has a deep understanding of what is necessary to protect your data.
You save money by paying one price for your security solutions. Again, if you were to hire an in-house team, you would have to pay salary and benefits, purchase equipment for them to use, allocate facility space for them to work, and more. The MSSP handles all of these costs so you don’t have to budget for them. Instead, you budget the one single fee for security, helping you better anticipate your overall IT costs for the year.
We Monitor Your System 24/7
One of our primary missions is to continually defend the integrity of the functions of your business, and 24/7 security monitoring is one of our best tools for staying on guard. If a malicious program infiltrates you, even if you find and deal with it quickly, it may still have time to do damage to your network or transmit some of your sensitive data elsewhere. We monitor your entire network so any such intrusion can be quickly discovered and malicious programs are blocked. We also watch for suspicious activities such as the activation of old accounts, unusual login times, or accounts trying to repeatedly access restricted data. Sometimes these are actually employees with no malicious intent, but it’s always best to confirm this rather than leave your system open to attack.
That’s because even when an issue isn’t malicious, it still needs to be flagged and investigated. These unusual behaviors could be something as minor as an update that causes a small incompatibility issue, but that issue could still lead to problems or create security vulnerabilities that leave you open to attack. These small issues need to be resolved just as quickly as bigger problems so they don’t grow to become major threats. These small issues can also build upon each other, resulting in huge security vulnerabilities down the line. Don’t let any issue go uninvestigated. Even the smallest problem can become something much worse if you give it time.
When an employee account logs in late at night or early in the morning, it could simply be that employee doing some work at an odd hour. However, it could just as easily be a compromised account. Companies that don’t have 24/7 security monitoring may never know that the account was logged in or what was done unless they have a reason to check the logs. If the compromised account is carefully used, it could be weeks or even months before you realize the account is being used to steal data.
Our 24/7 monitoring and support service ensures that you’re never left unaware of what’s going on with your technology. By dealing with malicious programs and attacks as soon as they happen, you can rest easy knowing that your data is safe. By monitoring how your IT resources are being used and investigating areas that aren’t operating as they should be, we can close any security vulnerabilities while also improving your efficiency and effectiveness. This also helps us identify tools that will need to be replaced or upgraded soon so you can schedule this process rather than waiting until the tool fails and leaves you in an unexpected lurch.
Worry Less About Your Network’s Security
At Be Structured, it’s important to us that your valuable data stays safe. No virus or potential threat is a match for our antivirus and intrusion protection systems. We constantly update, adding new virus definitions and information about new phishing methods to our scanning software to catch even the latest malicious programs. To do otherwise would leave you vulnerable to these new forms of attack. With our solution in place, you can rest assured knowing that your data is safe from all threats and monitoring any suspicious activity. For comprehensive managed services that include top-quality antivirus, intrusion detection, and cyber-attack prevention systems, contact Be Structured.