With an IP access control solution from Be Structured, you can secure your facility from the inside out.
IP Based Access Control
The team at Be Structured specializes in IP access control platforms designed to protect your operations from unauthorized access while ensuring your team always has access to the critical tools they need. With the ability to deliver selective facility access, you can be confident that your mission-critical data and equipment don’t end up in the wrong hands. As criminals develop new ways of compromising your network, deploying a comprehensive IP access control platform is more important than ever. From mobile-based control to door controllers, Be Structured can secure your network and facility from internal and external threats.
An IP based access control system makes use of devices that are a part of the Internet of Things (IoT), a term that encompasses any device that is connected to a network or the internet but is not a computer, tablet, or other traditional online device. An IP based system used an IP access control reader, a device that is connected to your network and is basically a small computer. Anyone who wants access to the door can use a traditional identification method such as biometrics or a keycard. To the user, nothing is different between a traditional control system and an IP based one. What they see from the outside and how they interact with the system remains the same.
Behind the scenes, however, IP based systems use more powerful mini computers that are capable of functioning even if your network goes down. The computer in the IP reader makes the decision of whether or not to grant access based on the criteria it has received from the network. Those criteria are saved on the reader itself, so if your network goes down, the reader still has the most recent criteria and can allow or block access as needed. It can also do more than simply access or reject the user’s authentication information—it can block all access at certain times of the day, only allow specific people entry at specific times, and more. All of these access rules are completely customizable, and you can change them at any time.
These readers are also highly secure. While television shows and movies may make it seem that all it takes is a bit of wire or a screwdriver to pop open the panel and short out the system, that’s not really the case. These devices are incredibly secure, make use of encrypted data, and have no actual accessible wires on the exterior side that can be damaged or shorted out. Physically shorting out the door is simply not an option. The readers also contain highly secure firewalls and other security measures so hacking them is quite difficult as well.
Are you still safe with your traditional access control system? These systems do help secure an area, but they do have some downsides. The biggest issue with these systems is that they were created using a one-size-fits-all mindset. They’re not as flexible as an IP based system. Without flexibility, you may end up with a security system that gets the job done but isn’t 100% secure because you can’t customize it. As your security needs change, these traditional systems may not be able to change with them. You may end up spending time and money installing an entirely new system at some point, which is never the ideal solution.
While your traditional system may be secure now, it may not be in the future. IP based systems, on the other hand, are posed to become the future of access control. The system you install today will be flexible enough that it will serve you for quite some time.
Best of all, installing an IP control system will cost no more than installing a traditional system. In fact, in many cases, it will actually cost less because you already have much of the necessary cabling and networking systems in place. In the long run, you’ll also save money because there are no special wires to maintain or replace. You won’t need to upgrade to a new traditional system because your IP system is scalable and versatile enough to adapt to your new needs.
A Unified Platform
Be Structured’s IP access control systems allow for seamless control of your facility’s card readers, door controls, and IP controllers from a unified point of control. Whether you’re looking to upgrade an outdated security system, or you want to prepare your security platform for the challenges of the modern world, streamlining your security strategies under an IP access control network offers a solution designed to maximize security at every level. Our system includes the following capabilities:
- Cloud-based web and mobile app control – Change your settings on the go via your mobile device, tablet, or any computer connected to the internet. This is highly useful if a situation occurs in which you need to immediately revoke permissions or give someone temporary access to an area.
- Customizable user access privileges – Every user can be given customized access to areas, including which doors they can access and when they can access them. Access privileges can be changed at any time and promulgated throughout the network instantaneously. Adding or removing access to a specific area for one person or for an entire group of people can be done with a few taps.
- Remote viewing of lock audits and alerts – Want to see what has triggered an alarm? Need to view the logs of when a certain door was opened or where a specific employee has been? You can use the mobile app or the cloud-based website to quickly pull up these reports and share them with others if needed.
- Wireless door and building locks – In addition to wired IP readers, we also offer door and building locks that are completely wireless and connect to your WiFi network. These IP readers receive the same information and operate the same way as any wired lock does. If your WiFi network goes down, they continue to operate on the last set of instructions received.
- Making the most of your existing network – In many instances, your existing network and wiring can be used to support IP access control devices. While we may need to run an additional cable here and there, overall there’s not much that has to be changed or added for you to begin using IP access control. This keeps the overall cost of moving from traditional access control to IP access control minimal.
- Real-time updates and alerts – Get alerts the instant someone attempts to access a location they’re not authorized for, when door controls lose their network connection, and other issues in real-time to your mobile device. You will receive information on the nature of the issue and its location so you can quickly handle it. One benefit of these real-time alerts is that you can see who is attempting to access a location. If you know it’s someone who is not on-site that day, you immediately know there’s a security issue.
- Lock schedules, user schedules, and holidays – Create your own schedules for each door, each user, and for special events such as holidays. You can modify these schedules at any time.
Whether you’re on the other side of the building or the other side of the globe, you’ll have access to the robust functionality of your IP access control platform. That means you’ll be able to see exactly who entered your building—anytime, anywhere. This is absolutely vital for any company that needs to restrict access to parts of their facility in order to protect sensitive data or equipment.
Protect Your Facility From The Latest Security Threats.
Be Structured’s IP access control solutions protect your organization and your team by mitigating the risk of unauthorized access. IP access control is a step up from traditional access control in that you can control it remotely, monitor access from your smart device or computer, and make changes at any time that instantly take effect. In short, your facility will be as protected as possible from physical threats.
You will also make it more difficult for employees to accidentally access locations and the information held in those locations. A number of security violations don’t actually come from outside your company. Instead, they come from employees either accidentally gaining access to information or maliciously looking for such information before they leave or are fired. These employees may attempt to steal information from a secured area before leaving or cause other issues. Other times, employees may not even realize that they are creating a security vulnerability by removing items from a secured location or by simply being in the area. IP access control will eliminate these potential problems by locking down areas that shouldn’t be accessed except by the appropriate personnel.
Advantages Of Adopting IP Access Control
When you partner with Be Structured to develop and deploy an IP access control platform, your business can experience these benefits and features:
- Simplified Security: Our security platforms support door access via proximity and smart cards as well as with biometric scanners. At the same time, you can schedule up to 16 different lock schedules to control the hours and days users can use various access points. Have a holiday coming up and want to prevent unauthorized access? Not a problem. You can schedule up to 32 holidays each year during which you can suspend normal operations.
- Streamlined Operations: Our IP access control solutions allow you to manage up to 100 locks, with each supporting up to 5,000 users, so you can scale your security platform as your business grows. Each user can be assigned a specific credential type such as master, standard, freeze, pass-through, blocked, or lockdown. On top of taking a hands-on approach with customized user access procedures, you can see exactly who entered which access points and at what time via a cloud-based interface.
- Optimized Facility Management: Your facility management team already has enough to do. An IP access control system gives them one less thing to worry about with the ability to add and manage users and access privileges no matter where they are. That way, your security systems never slow your team down again. Security and software updates are automatically installed overnight via your WiFi network or when your system is idle, without compromising your facility’s security network.
- Our IP Access Options: As your security partner, Be Structured can deploy three different types of IP access platforms, so we can customize a solution that’s as simple or as robust as you want. These options include the following:
- Embedded IP Access: Our simplest solution, embedded IP access, generally operates at a single facility with a low door count. Critical data is stored on a control panel and directly transmitted to your cloud platform. This is the most cost-effective solution due to ease of installation and operation. This is an ideal solution for small businesses.
- Server-Based IP Access: Server-based IP access allows you to host individualized IP access control systems at multiple facilities while unifying them under a singular platform. Companies that have grown to several different locations will find this option ideal.
- Hosted IP Access: Hosted IP access systems are generally hosted on the cloud, allowing you to scale your network rapidly. With redundant hosted backups and audits, hosted IP access is an excellent option for an enterprise-level operation when disaster recovery is critical. This is the solution for large companies that operate in multiple states or countries.
Your Los Angeles IT Support Experts
From cloud services to the latest security solutions, the team at Be Structured is here for all of your organization’s technology needs. Contact our team to discover how we can bolster your security platform with IP access control and keep your organization protected against tomorrow’s threats today.